Saturday, December 20, 2014

Thanksgiving in San Diego

I knew I probably wouldn't be going home for Christmas so I made a point to go back for Thanksgiving.  I was able to find really cheap tickets to SD for Monday-Thursday.  I flew in Monday before noon and was greeted with a sunny sky, palm trees and warm air (75+).  I spent the day catching up, eating my favorite Dad prepared meal and going through things that I have been shipping home (more info on that later).  We would have our Thanksgiving dinner on Wednesday at my Dad's house and instead of doing a traditional dinner with my Mom too we decided to go to the spa instead.  I have been going to Glen Ivy Spa since was a like 4 or 5.  It is in Temecula surrounded by mountains and palm trees.  It is outdoors with different pools, mineral baths and of course a mud pool where you rub mud all over yourself to cleanse your skin.  This place is like a mecca for my Mom and I.


 I don't have any pictures inside the spa because i know better then to bring my phone around pools..

It was so fun to see all the animals again too!


These two watching me eat a burrito..




Hercules


I woke up to this, the cat is in the back, Dalilah is nuzzled in the middle and then of course Hercules. 


My Mom and I after the spa day.





Kitty did a lot of preparing for this meal.  My Dad is traditionally the cook but he wants nothing to do with the Turkey and all the work a thanksgiving meal has so he made rolls, soup and green beans while Kitty prepared a pumpkin pie, turkey, stuffing, cranberry, and mashed potatoes.  The beautiful setting can be credited to my brother Pavel.  One day he will throw some awesome dinner parties.

We started off with some appetizers a few hours before.  My Dad bought all these delicious cheese's and salalmis.  This is a traditional looking spread in my house.


Especially with soccer in the background...



Then it was time for the main course.






Dinner was so good! Naturally and expectedly we stuffed ourselves to the point of no return.  


I have been feeling more and more like my Father's daughter.   From my mannerisms, interests, music tastes and personality I notice things about myself that I see in him.  So naturally this kind of stuff happens..


As a kid he always found things to put on his eyes like this, so rather then put away the napkin rings we found a better use for them.



Honestly, no shame. :)


This was probably one of the things I miss most, not only being with my Dad but witnessing his amazing abilities.  He recently bought a new guitar and was playing a little for me.  He has recently been composing some new pieces also.




It was a holiday i was very grateful for.












2 comments:

  1. I always go to Glen Ivy with my Mom and sister too!! Love that place! If we are in California at the same time, we should meet up there for a girls day! :) Miss you guys!!

    ReplyDelete