Friday, December 26, 2014

Charlie's 27th Birthday

Wednesday December 17th Charlie celebrated his 27th birthday.

As expected Charlie didn't have any outlandish requests for birthday celebrations or gifts.  He told me not to get him anything and that we could just go to dinner at a Mexican restaurant we like. He was telling me all of this around the time we wen to an Islanders game and I noticed they were playing New Jersey Devils on December 15th.  Well a lightbulb went off for me and I decided that would be a good way to celebrate (we realized we did it last year too on the day we went to the game! :).  Now this was a slightly selfish idea because I have been watching the Devils play since i was a kid. Jaromir Jagr and Patrik Elias were household names to me because they are Czech.  The tickets for the game were more expensive then what we usually pay but I decided I wanted to make it worth it and splurged on the good seats.  We were about 12 rows away from the glass.








It was a lot of fun!  The energy at hockey games is always upbeat, high paced and captivating to me but this one was especially good.  


I was good and actually remembered to take a picture of ourselves!  My Dad texted me who I rooted for, although i was wearing my Islanders sweatshirt I kind of wanted the Devils to win..I must not have been hoping that hard though because Islanders won it in a shoot out!


On Charlie's actually birthday we had a Wingz over Farmingdale dinner with ribs and, of course, wings.  This was Charlie's request.  His Mom suggested La Parma (family italian style dinner on the pricey side) but Charlie's taste buds were elsewhere.  He of course had the typical Psillos bday with streamers hung from the window with cute pictures, gift cards, candy and NAIL CLIPPERS! Very appropriate for Charlie..







As always, Kathy did good!!



Who needs a cake when you have ice pops?





Happy birthday Charlie!  We love the great person you are. 





No comments:

Post a Comment