Saturday, October 1, 2011

"Conan" and our trip to LA

My friends are huge fans of the late night show "Conan." He has been around for a while, The Tonight Show and then recently (with much controversy) he started his own show. Although he has been around a while we never watch any of those late night shows, especially since we haven't had cable for about a year ( WHICH BY THE WAY!!! Charlie and I just got! He wanted to watch football..) so we were really out of touch with the TV world. Any who, our friends signed up to try and win tickets and a few months low and behold we won four tickets! We went last Thursday, took the day off of school and Charlie was able to get the day off and headed up to Burbank to watch the live recording of the show! We werent sure what to expect and if it would be a pain to get there but it was actually really easy and well organized. We even hit no LA traffic and got there early!




So Niki and Miguel came up the night before to play sequence and make dinner! It was great fun as usual. Oh yes and I did dye my hair purple, but dont fret it is only semi permanent :)

The next morning we had a lot of fun getting ready. I forgot what it was like getting ready with a girlfriend and not a boy! I love my Charlie but he won't let me do his hair (sometimes) or put make up on him ;)




We only took pictures of going up, none of us thought to take any while we were there, nearby the studio or anything. Plus you couldn't bring out your cell phones on the studios so this is all we got!

Charlie took that picture of me and Niki and said something that obviously sort of pissed me off, something along the lines of "your smiling too hard" and as I started to roll my eyes he shot the picture but he loved it so I kept it.





After we went to the film studio we went to the Chinese Theatre and saw all the kooks dressed up in costumes who hassle the tourist and take pictures with them for money. Probably would have been some great shots but we didn't get any. For dinner we went to Planet Hollywood and paid a fortune for burgers and atmosphere!! It was still fun but THAT was a one time deal for all of us.


No comments:

Post a Comment