Thursday, October 14, 2010

Robert Moses Lighthouse


Charlie and I went for a walk at the beach to the Robert Moses Lighthouse. It was really nice. I got some really neat pictures because there was a storm rolling over us. It was still nice to be out. Not too cold, just right for Johnson not to overheat.. Looking at the pictures can make you feel like it is some desolate place of the Eastern Coast-not exactly New York. I had never been and really enjoyed it. I did a little research on Robert Moses and he was responsible for a lot of building during the latter part of the 1900's here in New York. He developed a lot of the expressways and I think to this day a lot of his work is controversial. A lot of his work promoted highways and not public transportation which signals signs of racism to me. I have also heard that due to the way he developed the bridges and off-ramps it prevented buses to ever travel much outside of the city and back then buses=immigrants & black people. But who am I too judge because hey I am one of the millions driving on his developments!

Ok now you can look at the pictures!

Oh btw, now that the fall time is here all the leaves have begun to fall and change colors. It is SOO beautiful and I am constantly in awe because this is a rare sight for a Southern Californian. We are planning to go to PA this weekend for our last shabang before Puerto Rico and our cross country drive and I am hoping to see trees of red, orange and yellows!








No comments:

Post a Comment