Monday, June 14, 2010

A Poem

I have been reading a biography on Jim Morrison. I have always enjoyed reading the Doors and about him because I really enjoyed him as a writer AND a musician. I have read a few of his poetry books and although some are totally bizarre a lot of them I understand. Well reading it has been inspiring me to write more! I always keep a journal but I have not written a lot of poetry since I have been with Charlie. I think being caught up in love sort of veered me away and distracted me from that for a while [probably should have inspired me HA]. I have also been doing creative writing sessions from a "writers theraphy"" book I bought. I wrote this while we were in Texas. There was talk about a snake being in the water, I never saw it. But, one day on the dock I started to think about it and a poem began to form in my head, I went with it, and I told my mom I would put it on here..

As the waves roll in, swaying the dock
My body joins the rhythm of the water.
The energy lifts me up, and pulls me out.
I am not in tune with its beat-
It calls me to touch it,
absorb it,
feel it,
and soak up it's life.

I see ripples approaching,
No-
It's a moving "Ssss"
It's a naturalistic pattern approaching.
Pushing it's way through the waters,
as if apart of it.

Now I can see the snake,
He is watching me,
Attempting to understand my presence,
I am this alien being in its familiar body of water.
He circles me, in his elegance.
Absorbing me,
As I him.
THe body brushes my legs, slivering around me
sending chills down my spine.
I calm myself, my energy, to the flow of the water
I make myself apart of this water
-I am not a threat-
And he leaves me..
I stay.
Now I am in-tune.

6/4/2010

1 comment:

  1. i like this poem. and i am really glad i didn't see a snake while we were there, because i would not have been in-tune, but out of the water so fast.

    ReplyDelete