Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Easter 2015 in San Diego

We had a really nice Easter over here.  About a few weeks ago we were at dinner at my Dad's and he was making noises about having to cook so I offered to host it! My first time cooking not only Easter dinner but dinner in general for my family.  I was excited to have this experience for the first time.

Charlie had worked six days that week so was also very eager to have a nice relaxing Sunday with a bunch of good food too.

A running joke in my family has been that the Svoboda's suffer from a syndrome where their eyes are much larger then their stomach, which always results in too much food and too much eating!  I suffer from this as well, hence we had A TON of food.

My family was in charge of bringing appetizers and dessert while I focused on the main course.

I had written and planned out what time I would start everything and how long it would take (a little OCD methodical tendency) so that I had the timing down.

As I was cooking I realized that there would be a few more things that I needed so Charlie offered to skate to our local Sprouts and pick it up for me, comes home with these :)


and of course a bottle of champagne. 
We were doing dinner at 4 so we were able to just hang out and relax a little (well other then all the cooking!).


Our appetizers consisted of 4 different cheeses, hard salami, tomatoes, cucumbers, olives & bread.  Very Euro.  Our main course was a balsamic,Dijon and thyme pork loin with slow cooked garlic, rosemary and Parmesan potatoes with salad, corn and a sauté of garlic, carrots and onions!  Yes i know, we balled out.


Don't let this picture fool you, i was the chef in this kitchen!


It was a little cramped once all the food was there but we managed!


My Brother Pavel, anxiously awaiting..


We did actually get a group shot before the food frenzy began!  Pavel, myself, my Dad, Charlie, Jana and Kitty.  Jana is my Grandmothers sister's daughter.  She grew up with my Dad, walking him to school, and she helped my Mom raise me also.  She has been a very strong and present figure in my life but I never know if I should call her cousin, aunt, etc so I just stick with family :)


And then it began..



The food turned out delicious.  The meat took a little longer then we thought but we started a little late so it ended up all working out perfect.  For dessert Kitty baked some delicious Czech style pastries and Jana made a lemon cake.  Although we were all stuffed by the time dessert came around we managed to eat more..

Everyone really seemed to enjoy the meal and I really enjoyed the company.  This is an Easter for the books!

Hope everyone else had a nice holiday too.




1 comment: