Wednesday, July 31, 2013

A Big Decision..followed by a vacation

Recently Charlie and I have been contemplating what our next step should be (not talking about marriage so simmer down). I am (mentally at least) done with school other then two online classes I am registered for and work got so slow for Charlie that he was laid off.  This was almost a blessing in disguise for him because he was unhappy at this job but it was fairly consistent with reasonable pay so there wasn't a lot of motivation to leave.  After this happened we had to sit down and think ok...now what?  We had always contemplated moving back to NY for a few years to save money, maybe give Charlie and opportunity to go back to school or focus more on learning the trade at his Father's company.  We talked endlessly about if it was the right choice to go out there, we were and are both convinced that there is more opportunities out there for us, more connections and chances to network (later proved to be so true).  But then again we would give up our great little apartment where we can see the ocean and walk to the beach and the temperate oasis of San Diego for three months of brutally cold weather..You can see our dilemma! All and all we decided no risk, no reward, so before a vacation out to NY we decided that Charlie and I are going to sell almost all of our junk here in San Diego and move into Kathy and Rich's transformed basement apartment.  We went out there for ten days and brought four suitcases to leave.

At first people were like, why are you going out there to vacation if you are going to move? And my response was, the trip was planned before the move AND it just helped us to solidify everything.  It was another little blessing in disguise because we got to talk to his parents about it and make sure they were comfortable with it as well.  On top of that, i had five different people either offer me applications, interviews and openings for jobs, all somewhat related to my area of interest.  Is that coincidence? I think not.. :)

It was nice to do this vacation because we had been very stressed about everything and constantly dwelling on what was the right choice..which we now know we made.  It was so fun to play with all the children, eat a ton of pizza and bagels, and hang out at the beach.


Ellie Bellie and Baby Ezra.  Although he may not look entirely secure i assure you he is :)  She asked me if she could hold him. Ellie has such a great personality! She is so unphased by things that may upset other kids, she's fun, tough, and super lovable. 


Jake was worn out from being such a great Uncle..


What a classic scene at the Psillos house right? There was A LOT of swing time as usual.




The kids were really into this movie called "Wreck it Ralph" and you could always catch them doing the dance at the end of the video.  I was trying to get a good shot of Colt and Zeke jammin out.  They are going to make two ladies very happy later because they know how to have fun and aren't too shy to dance!


And the adorable Cora Mae.  This was my first time getting to see and play with her since she was born.  She has giant beautiful eyes and an aura of preciousness.  She was a little sick when we were there but that didn't stop her from roaming around and having some fun like the rest of the kids. 



She is such a sweetheart!


I think because I am not a parent, I always forget to capture moments.  My photos are always sporadic and whenever I may have a phone handy so I never get a lot of good ones but I still wanted to share the few that I got.

This trip really put us at ease with our decision to leave California for the time being.  Although I am leaving my hometown and parting from my family for a bit, I need to remind myself that I have another family on the East Coast that I am very grateful to be apart of :)  We have many friends we adore in NY and most of all the man of my dreams will be with me.  I guess growing up entails a lot of these "big decisions" but with one door closing their is another opening.  This is just our next chapter and we welcome it with open arms.  

1 comment:

  1. Just getting around to reading this post now, sorry so pathetic and delayed. But I loved it. Love reading about this big life change for you guys and how it's all falling into place like it should. Happy you guys are at peace with it all, but we will miss having you in California!

    And go ahead and start contemplating the next step after this.... yep, marriage!!! Just do it already! You're already a part of the family!

    Love you guys!! Good luck with the drive!

    ReplyDelete