Friday, May 6, 2011

Easter

I hope everyone enjoyed their Easter! I have been procrastinating a great deal on this blog. I am in the last week of the semester and I have been really pre-occupied with that! On Easter we went to a Padres game at the beautiful PETCO park. Well luckily the park was really nice because they played horribly! Stinking Padres...They played against the Phillies. The game was dull but we had good company.



Although I have no actual garden space I have been exercising my green thumb lately. I have always enjoyed flowers and plants but recently I made it a total hobby and I have grown radish's and carrots! I have also grown herbs like chives, basil, and peppermint for home-made mojitos. I am trying to get strawberries and cucumbers going also..Let you know how that goes! Believe it or not it is simpler then you would think! We have great sunlight from our window so it has been a golden opportunity! I also have my regular decorative plants :) I have an aloe vera cactus which works better on any sunburn then store bought stuff. And my money trees are flourishing so that is a good sign. In spite of this being California these are the only plants I am growing people!!!! I recently bought a new camera so I took a few pictures of my babies. One day I hope to have a real garden! Possibly in Hawaii or Puerto Rico.... :D The last photo is of our front door/walkway!







2 comments:

  1. Wowee, I am impressed Michelle! Those plants look amazing! And I'd love to try a homemade mojito, only can you make it virgin? :) Haha, don't give in to those California ways with growing "plants". Oh and thank you for that random picture of Charlie at the top with no explanation....did he ask you to put it on the blog?? :) Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, good for you!! Looks like a fun little garden you have going out there. Can't wait to come see it in person..... soon!

    See you and Chuck in a few weeks. Hope you're planning to be in NY. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete